Properties of oregano essential oil
Oregano essential oil is commonly used:
1. It is a natural antibiotic
It contains a substance called carvacrol that prevents bacteria from multiplying.
2. Helps to lower cholesterol
3. Is a powerful antioxidant
4. Helps to fight fungal infections
5. It improves bowel function
6. Has anti-inflammatory properties
7. Relieves pain
8. Has anti-cancer properties (also due to the fact that it is a strong antioxidant)
9. Helps fighting overweight.
Oregano essential oil for cold:
1. Steam Inhalation: Add a few drops of oregano oil to a bowl of boiling water, put a towel over your head and inhale strong fumes for 5-10 minutes. A moist steam helps to relax and dry the mucus in the nasal passages, and the antibacterial properties of the oil help to fight infections and soothe cold symptoms. This home remedy is perfect for people suffering from sinus infections or pneumonia.
2. Use in the diffuser: Add a few drops of oregano oil to the diffuser and inhale the healing vapors. Perfect for cold and flu seasons.
3. Breathe in directly: Feeling stuffy at work? Deep sniffing oregano oil directly from the bottle stimulates and can help to open the airways.
4. Sore throat: Add a few drops of oregano oil to a glass of warm water and gargle with the blend. The antibacterial properties of the oil will help fight off bacteria, and anti-inflammatory properties help relieve the sore throat.
5. Sublingual use: Add 2-3 drops of oregano oil to the edible base oil, such as olive or coconut oil, and place it under the tongue. Hold the mixture in your mouth for a minute, giving her time to get into the bloodstream, then spit it out. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
Oregano oil should not be applied directly to the skin, only in combination with the base oil. If you want to take it orally, always consult your doctor or aromatherapist.